How to get Aadhar App (mAadhar)on Android Devices?
Your identification will always stay in your pocket now, thanks to the mAadhar Aadhar app that has been launched by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI.
The launch of this application not only makes things much more convenient for a common man but reinforces the initiative of Digital India that has been taken up by the government.
In the most layman language, the mAadhar app will let you carry all your Aadhar details safely in your smart phone without having to carry the hard copy or the hard bound Aadhar card everywhere.
The Aadhar App application is available only on Android devices for now and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. However, the big question for most of the wannabe users remains, How to get mAadhar on Android devices? Or what is the procedure to download the application on an Android Device. We will discuss this topic later in the article here.
Some exciting features of Aadhar App (mAadhar)
- Once you download the application on your smart phone, you can easily check your updated Aadhar profile and also share it using the special and unique QR code.
- The user of the application can also lock their biometric data at any point of time and at any place. And once the biometric data gets locked, it cannot be used for any kind of verification purposes. Any verification will only be possible once the biometric is either unlocked or disabled.
- The application allows the user to generate time-based OTP, in place of the OTPs that are generated via SMS. This is an optional feature.
- With mAadhar on your smart phone, you can also share your e-KYC information with any service provider. The e-KYC remains the most widely used verification process everywhere.
How to get Aadhar App (mAadhar) on Android devices?
The users can download the mAadhar app from Google Play Store on any of the Android devices that run on Android 5.0 and above. The mobile number that has been registered in the Aadhar card is required to download the app.
How to Download Aadhar App (mAadhar) on Android devices
- Download the Aadhar App (mAadhar) from the Google Play Store on your Android device. Make sure that your Android device is not rooted.
- Create a new password that must have 8 characters and must be strong.
- Now enter your Aadhar card number.
- Verify the OTP that you receive.
- Once all the above steps are done, you are now ready to access your Aadhar card details from anywhere and at any time, using the mAadhar app.
Important Aadhar App (mAadhar) Guidelines
When using Aadhar App (mAadhar), it is very important to use your registered mobile number. In case, the mobile number is not registered, you must get this done as a priority at a nearest Aadhar enrolment centre. A registered mobile number is one that is linked to your Aadhar card.
At a single time, only one Aadhar profile can be activated on a device.
Even though the Aadhar App (mAadhar) has been launched with the most genuine motives, it is important to note that the application is still in its beta version. This means that the user of the app can encounter several bugs and issues and thus, they should decide on using the application at their own risk. Announcing the launch of an application that is still in its beta version is not a wise decision at all. Since the app is linked to the main Aadhar database, chances of security breaches or the application being hacked into cannot be ruled out as well.